My mother missed her flight from Atlanta, Florida to South Africa tonight, because she was left unattended in a wheelchair for hours at the wrong departure gate by a Delta employee. Delta employees found out the error only after her flight already departed.

Her flight was re-scheduled for tomorrow night, but she is alone at the airport until then, since I live in Orlando. She has no money and cant get access to her luggage to get her medicine. I booked the first flight I could find, so I can get to her in the morning.

Shocking treatment of a fragile elderly lady.

Product or Service Mentioned: Delta Airlines Flight.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I didn't like: Ill treatment of my mother.

Comments

70 is not old.Nor is it elderly yet.Try 85 now then I might feel sorry for you.If your mother is so disabled she cannot read or ask questions or does not know english you should have gotten her a straight thru flight no plane changes.If that was not possible you should have went with her or hired someone to.Anything could happen.What if her second flight was delayed 3 or 4 days?And why was her meds not on a carry on?Always keep your meds with you.This was very poor planning on your part and you do bear some of the blame but so does the airline.