Delta Airlines - Damaged luggage..Will Delta reply to complaint?? Probably not...
I had a family emergency, and had to book my flight round trip, from Portland, Maine, to Tampa, Florida with a stop in Atlanta.I have always flown U.S.
Air, or Jet Blue, but unfortunately could not book a flight with them at that time. I always put something on my luggage so it is easy to recognize when I pick it up. When I retrieved my luggage< i noticed the huge sticker I had on my bag was missing. Not a big deal, someone obviously liked it more and took it, and it was a pretty cool sticker (Black Fly Breeders of Maine) whoever took it had to make an effort to remove it, as I put it on, and I know it was not going anywhere.
But that is not my main complaint. I flew back home to Portland at 11:30 P.M., September 21st. I noticed when my suitcase was on the conveyor, that one wheel was completely gone, and the whole bottom of my bag was ripped open. not only that, but it looked like it had tire marks on it, and was completely scraped up!!
I have traveled many places in my lifetime, and yes, luggage does get scraped and ripped, but NEVER in all the traveling I have done, has my luggage ever come back looking like it had been run over by a Mac truck, or looked like it had been dragged across the tarmac!!! All the framework (ribs) that held the suitcase together where broken as well.. After "dragging" my suitcase to my car, I noticed that it smelled like shampoo. After I got home, I opened my bag, and SURPRISE!!
a bottle of shampoo I put between my clothes, had been completely mashed, and was all over my clothing. I would have taken my bag to the baggage office at the airport, and filed a complaint then, but they were closed. Its bad enough they charge for luggage, the least they could do is make sure that the bags are taken care of. U.S.
Air and Jet Blue do not charge for luggage, and at least I know when I fly with them, my bags will be taken care of. I did send them a complaint on line, and received a message back. they may get back to me within seven days, or within 31 days!! Pretty bad they have so many complaints that its going to take a month to get back to me.
When I mentioned to friends of mine that I had flown Delta, even BEFORE I said anything about my luggage, they made comments.. "Your nuts to have wasted your money with them" and "how did your luggage fair out the trip??" This was my first and LAST trip with Delta.
Will let you know if they ever reply to my complaint...
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "This trip will be my first and last ride on megabus. First and foremost i'm requesting a full refund for reservation #27-4119-113015-M37R-2330-CHR-WAS in the sum of all of my monies..."
- "Original departure 7:05pm. Now 12:27am and still have not departed. Weather then mechanical issue. A 5+ hour delay. We were offered a single complementary glass of water though, so everything..."
- "I flew from Oakland to Burbank on Mother's Day 2015. I read the inflight entertainment guide in the seat back and shared the information contained therein with the man..."
- "My local company purchased by Amerigas, my tank, my delivery invoices, and my bill stated to make checks out to Silsbee Propane the price per gallon goes up every delivery,..."
- "I had the same experience as others: Signed up for a free trial, sent one fax and then noticed my account had been charged a fee for membership the next..."
- "My wife and I were traveling and attempted to use the tv.xfinity.com feature - unfortunately, after logging in, I kept getting error when trying to play recordings/tv/ondemand/anything - I called..."
- "So I ordered live turtles from this company. It was priority overnight shipping which I paid $45 for. It is in my city right now but there is a..."
- "I have used Livecareer for nearly a year. When the EMV chips went into effect it caused me to need an update to my billing. I have tried over..."
- "The contractor by name James Divino of Lombard, IL provided a quote to finish our basement for $7,600. He completed 30% of the work and somehow managed to get..."