Delta Airlines - Damaged luggage..Will Delta reply to complaint?? Probably not...
I had a family emergency, and had to book my flight round trip, from Portland, Maine, to Tampa, Florida with a stop in Atlanta.I have always flown U.S.
Air, or Jet Blue, but unfortunately could not book a flight with them at that time. I always put something on my luggage so it is easy to recognize when I pick it up. When I retrieved my luggage< i noticed the huge sticker I had on my bag was missing. Not a big deal, someone obviously liked it more and took it, and it was a pretty cool sticker (Black Fly Breeders of Maine) whoever took it had to make an effort to remove it, as I put it on, and I know it was not going anywhere.
But that is not my main complaint. I flew back home to Portland at 11:30 P.M., September 21st. I noticed when my suitcase was on the conveyor, that one wheel was completely gone, and the whole bottom of my bag was ripped open. not only that, but it looked like it had tire marks on it, and was completely scraped up!!
I have traveled many places in my lifetime, and yes, luggage does get scraped and ripped, but NEVER in all the traveling I have done, has my luggage ever come back looking like it had been run over by a Mac truck, or looked like it had been dragged across the tarmac!!! All the framework (ribs) that held the suitcase together where broken as well.. After "dragging" my suitcase to my car, I noticed that it smelled like shampoo. After I got home, I opened my bag, and SURPRISE!!
a bottle of shampoo I put between my clothes, had been completely mashed, and was all over my clothing. I would have taken my bag to the baggage office at the airport, and filed a complaint then, but they were closed. Its bad enough they charge for luggage, the least they could do is make sure that the bags are taken care of. U.S.
Air and Jet Blue do not charge for luggage, and at least I know when I fly with them, my bags will be taken care of. I did send them a complaint on line, and received a message back. they may get back to me within seven days, or within 31 days!! Pretty bad they have so many complaints that its going to take a month to get back to me.
When I mentioned to friends of mine that I had flown Delta, even BEFORE I said anything about my luggage, they made comments.. "Your nuts to have wasted your money with them" and "how did your luggage fair out the trip??" This was my first and LAST trip with Delta.
Will let you know if they ever reply to my complaint...
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "DELTA is a Joke! After seeing bolts lose on a DELTA 767 engine and taking pictures of it I tried to call Delta. I wanted them to be aware of..."
- "This trip will be my first and last ride on megabus. First and foremost i'm requesting a full refund for reservation #27-4119-113015-M37R-2330-CHR-WAS in the sum of all of my monies..."
- "Got to Chicago O'hare airport 2 hours early headed for Miami and then St. Martin for annual family vacation. First plane was delayed. Finally boarded 2 hours late,..."
- "I have used Livecareer for nearly a year. When the EMV chips went into effect it caused me to need an update to my billing. I have tried over..."
- "So I ordered live turtles from this company. It was priority overnight shipping which I paid $45 for. It is in my city right now but there is a..."
- "I should have know better, but I didn't realize it was coming from china, my husband and I are renewing our vows on valentines day which is our anniversary. I..."
- "I went to nearby 7-11 at my area blk 641 I grab my stuff and waited for the casher to scan instead of coming to me straight he finish his..."
- "We paid $500 for a Larson security door including installation by a contractor! This door was presented with a video of being beaten with a bat, and a crowbar with..."
- "Big time violation. The management allowed a lady who is a close friend to move everything from her filthy apartment into my 80 year old aunts apartment after the ***..."