I own a small travel agency and book airline tickets with several different airlines, but booking through Delta Airlines is a nightmare. Over the past few months I have spent hours with their Reservations department trying to get them to correct errors they have made to my clients reservations. They no longer notify me or my clients when they make changes to the reservations so I have to be constantly checking to make sure no changes have been made. Nine times out of ten, they have made changes and they are usually major changes that have a negative impact, such as changing a flight time on one flight that makes it so my client can no longer catch their connecting flight.

Today's problem involved 4 couples who were traveling together and Delta had made some changes but they had 2 couples now on one flight and the other 2 couples on a totally different flight that now gets in 2-1/2 hours later. At this point there are no other flights available, so now these clients have to work out different arrangements for their airport transportation. Needless to say I will probably lose these clients as customers due to Delta's lack of customer service.

They obviously need someone to do a quality control check when they make these changes. People are under the assumption that once they have paid for their tickets, that is the flight they are going to be on. How do I explain this to them?????

Sadly our airport is a Delta hub and so they have the most flights departing and usually the better prices. Whenever possible I try to get my clients on Southwest or Frontier where I don't run into these customer service issues.

Review about: Delta Airlines Flight Booking.

Comments

Quit buying airline tickets from them...problem solved!! :zzz