I was recently forced to cancel a family vacation for which I had redeemed 180,000 SkyMiles.When I called to request those miles be redeposited into my SkyMiles account, I was stunned by what I was told - $150 PER TICKET to redeposit those miles?

You've got to be kidding? I was further shocked to learn that the $337 in "taxes and fees" I paid when I made the reservation would not be refunded – in spite of the fact that Delta has not and will not incur those fees! What is this $337 worth of goodwill? Can I deduct it as a charitable contribution?

I didn't think I could be surprised any longer by the "non-service fees" Delta has created in an effort to become profitable; but you succeeded!

$937 to CANCEL a trip paid for with SkyMiles?I'm sorry, but this joke is no longer funny.

Had an Experience with Delta Airlines?

Comments

Jana82

WOW..Thanks for the heads up! Wont be flying with them, ever!

Delta Airlines - Poor customer Care Delta Airlines "First of all, there in not enough room on the online form to finish a complaint. This is not my first letter to Delta regarding poor quality of service. It seems..." Read more Delta Airlines - Torture of flashing cabin lights Delta Airlines "Overnight flight from Boston to Heathrow in January 2013 - upgraded to premium economy as I needed a few hours sleep and my wife is expecting a baby but a..." Read more Delta Airlines - Worst Flight Ever (Plane falling apart) Delta Airlines "I am EXTREMELY disappointed in Delta. I paid over $2,000 plus a $140 upgrade ("DeltaComfort+") for an international flight to Argentina and ended up with the worst flying experience..." Read more An Open Letter to Calin Rovinescu, CEO of Air Canada Air Canada "...I was given a voucher for 25,000 about $12 CAD for lunch. There is no way you are going to get fat on that at airport restaurants..." Read more Camping World - Given the run around Camping World "Went to purchase a winnebago at camping world in st. Augustin fl. Were told we could get a 78000 trailer with 10000. Off for the trade in of our motorcycle...." Read more Lazboy - Lazyboy recliner quality Lazboy "We purchased a new La-Z-Boy recliner a little less than 2 years ago and paid $900 for it, figured for that price it would be of decent quality. WRONG!! What..." Read more Real Movers Moving And Storage - They should lose their license. Real Movers Moving And Storage "Beware anyone who is thinking of hiring a MOVER. Real Movers Moving and Storage in Miami is the WORSE mover one can have. What they didn't lose they destroyed. Antique..." Read more Cbs Tv - Killing Republican's OK says CBS lawyer Latimer Cbs Tv "First, I love, love, love your programming...my favorite of all; however, even though it would stress me out to have to cancel my CBS ALL ACCESS, I would do so..." Read more