I was buying the trip from Los Angeles to San Francisco (one way, for two persons) on delta.com site and I selected the proper flight, get to check-out, reviewed the final price that was stating, quoting:

Total amount due at time of booking (including taxes/fees): $139.40 (USD)

I filled in all my data including my AMEX credit card that has billing address in the Netherlands (I am also a resident of the Netherlands). Then I got a Delta itinerary and all was ok until I received two letters from KLM (why would I receive letters from KLM if I am buying from Delta and flying with Delta?) with our tickets. It was stating that each of them is €58,17, so the total sum is €116,34 that is a lot more than provided sum of $139.40 USD. This sum was never shown to me prior to clicking PURCHASE button and I had no idea that you would charge this sum, if I knew, I would never buy this ticket as there are a lot of airlines offering the same price and this €20 difference is a lot for me. I chose Delta only because I'm a SkyTeam frequent flyer and wanted to make some extra miles on that.

So, if you are from another country, be prepared that they can charge you 20% more than they state on check-out screen.

Review about: Delta Airlines Flight Booking.

Had an Experience with Delta Airlines?

Comments