Atlanta, GA 30337, USA

On Sunday April 1 while travelling on Delta 2141 Norfolk VA, to Atlanta GA I left my lap top under the seat.I was on my connecting flight to Los Angeles less than 3 hours later when I realized.

I told the flight assistant who told me to put in a lost and found report which I did there . He told me he had lost his wallet and it was returned to him in a couple of days!!! I received a automated message that my report had been received, two days later I followed this up with at email, no response. I continued to direct message to which I received bland replies.

I was given a number to call Atlanta lost and found. The line does not take messages or answer calls!!! I was told my request was sent to leaders in Atlanta. 3 weeks later I got an automated message to say 'my item was not found and the report was closed.

The laptop contains nearly 5 years of doctoral research, papers and of course personal information which as a new scholar I need for my future work. I am so mad at myself for leaving the laptop but really angry with Delta for not taking this seriously which is shown in the handling of this whole thing. What I want is for someone personally look into my case and return my laptop.

The laptop was large and over five years old I can't believe someone would steal it.Unless the cleaners took it - who were on the plane while I was leaving!!!!

Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Did not pay personal attention to my misery / $300
Preferred solution Let the company propose a solution

Had an Experience with Delta Airlines?

Comments

What did you expect Delta to do?YOU forgot your laptop, and most likely someone stole it.

You are incredibly naive if you think the fact that it was older would stop someone from stealing. People suck, people steal and people will take anything for a chance to sell it. That's the real world.

This on you.Keep track of your stuff.

"He told me he had lost his wallet and it was returned to him in a couple of days!!!"

1-Best case scenario

2-Said what you wanted to hear to keep you moving

"Unless the cleaners took it"

What did you want them to do?They looked, it wasn't there.

That's the end of it for them.Good thing you backed up all that research..