Coming home from our trip, we got our boarding passes and the proceded to the desk to check a bag.I already knew that it was $20 with Delta for bag check for anything under 50 lbs, sucks, but thats the way it is.

Well, the rep weighs it and we discover it was 7 lbs. overweight. He tells me I will need to remove some things to get rid of some weight or he will charge me extra. Keep in mind that we had a full bag with all kinds of stuff in it, No problem, Just what I want - everyone in line to see our things, hold up the line and *** people off considering that we had been already standing there for 30 minutes.

I said just charge us extra - I figured another $10-15, *** no!, $90!

for one f*ckin bag.Total of $110.

I'll be using Southwest airlines from now on, never had a problem with them.

Had an Experience with Delta Airlines?

Comments

catty
Dehra Dun, Uttarakhand, India #194376

dan...the rules are same on every airline.next time why don't you take two bags?

No Edi, youre wrong - they should have charged me what I initially paid for the ticket, that would have been fair. /end sarcasm.

actually DL has every right to charge you for the extra weight, and you got off easy, the cost should have been 100.00 for the first 5 pounds of over weight.

Antonious, the same thing just happened to me.I am traveling for a few months during the summer so with a full bag that weighted about 65 lb.

I asked them perhaps if it could be counted as two bags, you know for a total of $60; but no, it had to be counted as an excess baggage for a grand total of $25+$90=$115.

ONE BAG!!!!!!I am so pissed-off that I am writing this in front of their god forsaken counter.

Travelers, ditch Delta and go with another airline.