Rudyard, Michigan

my 11 year old daughter was flying as an unacompanied minor 5.aug. with Delta, JFK-BNA.

I got insured that for the unacompanied minor fee a stewardess would take care of my alone travling child and escort her to board and leave the plane and hnd it over to me.

The plane landed unexpected early in Nashville, due to an unclear incident as they called it. A stewardess and 1 or 2 passenger became sick and there was a gas-like smell in the cabin.

As soon as the plane landed flight passengers and the crew got tol to leave the airplane asap without any baggage and group outside the plane. MY daughter got told to stay in her seat! SHe was scared and frightend and called me in panic on my cell-phone. WHat I could hear inbetween her hysteric voice was that every one ran out of the plane, her stewardess was gone too, 1-2 people layed on the seat, there was a funny smell in the plane and then men in body suits and masks came in the plane! CAN YOU imagine how a 11 year old child feel when this happens???NOONE took my daughter out of plane or assisted her, she paniked and cried and I tried to keep her calm and don't panic myself and told her to unbuckle and run out of the plane. There she was stanidng in the middle of the airfield. I asked her if she sees passengers and she said she see a bus leaving and another bus loading up the rest, i told her to run there and follow the other passenger and if she recognize anyyone from the Delta Cre ! She said she found someone looking like a Captain ( thats how she described him) and I told her to walk up to him and introduce yourself and tell him you need help-she told him that she is a unacompanied minor and dont know where to go and what to do. I thought i was dreaming when I heard him say" Oh you are the unacompanied minor, we forgot all about you, your stewardess got sickyou know"! Once she came into the airport someone from delta handed me my crying daughter with a 100 dollar voucher. I asked him what happend and he said he dont know and that i should ask my daughter that she probably knew more then him about this incident and that the 100 flight voucher is for her for standing outside in the heat on the airfield and delay due to this matter. On the way home this plane made the local news anywhere as the airline thought there was a gas incident on the plane, like a threat and they found out later it was a rotten plant in a plastic bag that made people sick. Delta was too proud to pay back the unacompanied minor fee and the flight, I guess a child is less worth than a lost piece of luggage...shame on delta and their poor customer service. I reported to better business and others. The apology mail I received after this incident was the standard apology mail, so sad service!

Review about: Delta Airlines Flight.

Had an Experience with Delta Airlines?

Comments

You seem to be more concerned about getting the unaccompanied minor fee back. If you truly loved your daughter you would be more concerned about how she feels rather than getting the money back.

"I got insured that for the unacompanied minor fee a stewardess would take care of my alone travling child and escort her to board and leave the plane and hnd it over to me'."

You mean hand your daughter over to you. You are calling your daughter "it" instead of "her"