Tryon, North Carolina

Beware!Delta will invite you to reactivate expired miles.

They charge a fee (up to several hundred dollars). Then, when you pay the fee via credit card, Delta posts a mere one mile to your account and tells you it's a glitch in the system and that you do not have any miles to reactivate. Just spent an hour on multiple phone calls with some very rude Delta agents. Delta said that I may not get a refund of my $215 fee for up to 60 days.

Unacceptable! Of course you need to notify your credit card company and dispute the charge: more forms, more time.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Had an Experience with Delta Airlines?

Comments

This comment was supposed to be with the "Unaccompanied Minors on Delta" post. My apologies for having commented on the wrong post. hcampbell has the the story right - I wonder if we also had the same ticket agents.

I just returned from SeaTac airport, livid, and read this.It was the very same thing that just happened to me!

Even the flights were the same! I'm trying to return my granddaughter to her mother in Savannah, GA. I booked her flight on 03/31/2011, and like the original writer, I filled in all of the information that was requested. We drove almost an hour to the airport, arrived more than two hours early, told the Delta agent that she was flying to Savannah via Atlanta, and were told to stand in the Special Service line - which we did for 1 hour and 45 minutes.

When we were finally at the front of the line, we were told that she couldn't take the flight as it was the last flight of the day. The next agent who was supposed to "help us", basically told us that it was "my" fault for having booked online. I was supposed to know that this was the last flight of the day and not book her on it. I checked her flight as few days before, and nothing flagged that this flight was not possible.

Oh well, she probably would have missed the flight anyway because we stood in line for so long! I called Delta and was given the same song and dance, that it was "my fault" for not checking the Children Flying Alone on the Delta Website. I rechecked it after coming home - the site said nothing about checking to see if a flight was the last one of the day and not available for Children Flying Along.

The Delta website accepted my reservation, any my money, without...