I tried to send this message to Delta and their e-mail is down. Why am I not suprised.

I'm just wondering if Delta will stop lying to customers directly and stop seating 4 and 6 year olds at opposite ends of an airplane from their parents? Everyone I have spoke to about this issue has been disgusted and through facebook, twitter,'Pissed consumer', and other various blogging methods I have, and will continue to share the truth about our family Delta experience. I called Delta two weeks prior to my family vacation after I was informed by a relative that Delta is famous for seating young children by themselves. I informed the Delta agent that I would be travelling with three small children and wanted to be sure that we were seated together. I was told that there would be no problem, Delta wouldn't seat a 4 or 6 year old by themselves. LIERS!

When we recieved or return tickets in Jamaica we were split up in rows 12,16,19,19,21. When we said this was unacceptable we were given 9,12, 16, 19,19. After an hour of arguement we were given seats for my wife and I appart in row, 9, and my 3 children in row 20. How do you keep an eye on them from there? By this time everyone else had boarded, and we were told that we can ask people to switch. When does that become my job? Thanks for nothing! We found the stewardess to be very unhelpfull and rude as she would quickly move from one end of the plane to the other as various patrons would attempt to get her attention she would look staight ahead and ignore them. I do not plan to ever fly Delta again, and now several friends of ours would be afraid to fly Delta with children. I work for a very prominent 'Branded' employer and I expect the customer service that I set out to provide in my workplace. I did not receive that from Delta. I am saddened to hear of your plans to merge with WestJet. I would only hope that you could learn a thing or two about their customer service programs.

Had an Experience with Delta Airlines?

Comments

She is 100% correct about delta screwing over families.I am sitting here now disgusted by the fact that I was told on multiple occasions that they held seats for families to avoid splitting them up.

I have called the customer service number multiple times since purchasing the tickets months ago. I was told to deal with the problem while checking in and it would not be an issue. Well here I am at the gate, the plane boards in 15 minutes and we are scattered all over the aircraft. They can not even get us seats in pairs to accommodate one adult with one child on one end and one pair on the other end.

It gets better two of our connecting flights have now been over booked and we have been assigned one seat with four travelers. I originally picked my seats, but they have been removed from our itinerary and now we have no idea what's going to happen. What does delta tell you "talk to the employees at the gate". *** me, you would think it could be figured out prior to the last minute.

If there is spelling mistakes I'm on my phone. Whatever.

Screw DELTA!!!!:(

If there is spelling mistakes I'm on my phone. Whatever.

Screw DELTA!!!!:(

You had ample time to get on Delta's website and get into your reservation and select seats yourself. Airlines don't look at the age of travelers and if you booked later or through a third party such as a travel agent this happens often as they just request only open seats not seats together, and if you did book when the flight was mostly fully booked at the time then you won't get seats together.

Irish-

You shouldn't talk about someone elses spelling. If you are going to criticize someone make sure you're not making the same mistakes or worse before hitting send.

Irish...eat a D*ck!

Holmestrand, Vestfold, Norway #137931

I bet your six year old knows how to spell "liars' correctly.Your logic is as bad as your spelling.

It does not matter who sits where.

Your wife should have sat in row 20 with two children and you in row 9 witht the third time.I think it is you that is scared so sit alone and need your wife to confort you.

Good to know! I will never use them!