Maineville, Ohio

I bought 2 tickets (one for myself and one for my husband, Brian

Voegele) from CVG to LGA in March for $360.00 ea. Departure date was Aug. 12, and return was scheduled for Aug. 16. Right before the trip my son had an emergency appendectomy. Because of this, I changed the flight to a day later. Once in New York, his condition had not improved and we decided to return earlier than planned also.

According to my corporate travel person, the best route at that point was to purchase a whole new ticket. This was at a cost of $837.90 (x two). With the penalty of $150 on top, the air fare for 2 became $987.90. This does not include travel agent fees of $20 for each change.

I did not realize the big difference at the time, and thought at the most I would be charged two change fees of $150 (a total of $600 for the two tickets.) Instead I was hit with $1,254 additional cost.

I am very upset about this, and feel it is an exorbitant charge. As a frequent flyer, it angers me and makes me feel like we were taken advantage of in a difficult time, with no recourse.

Unfortunately, I will have to continue to travel Delta in the future because we have limited options. However, I would prefer not to, and will avoid it if at all possible.

Review about: Delta Airlines Flight Booking.

Had an Experience with Delta Airlines?

Comments

Delta Airlines - LIES LIES LIES Delta Airlines "I missed my connecting flight due to a mechanical issue and was given the complete run around. I was told by 4 different ticket agents (2 at the original airport..." Read more Delta Airlines - Flight Review from New York, New York Delta Airlines "Original departure 7:05pm. Now 12:27am and still have not departed. Weather then mechanical issue. A 5+ hour delay. We were offered a single complementary glass of water though, so everything..." Read more Delta Airlines - Abstraction under seat, 7PH27W  on 06-03-2013 flight KL 6064 / MSP AMS. Delta Airlines "Booking_code_or_e-ticket_number:=0743200631468 Flying_Blue_or_SkyMiles_number:=2086651404 Telephone_number:=+91 9711008227 Question_or_remark:=Hi This is regarding my reservation number 7PH27W on 06-03-2013 flight KL 6064 sector MSP AMS. This seat i was allocated had abstractions under the seat..." Read more Delta Airlines - Damaged luggage..Will Delta reply to complaint??  Probably not... Delta Airlines "I had a family emergency, and had to book my flight round trip, from Portland, Maine, to Tampa, Florida with a stop in Atlanta. I have always flown U.S. Air,..." Read more Camping World - Service a joke, lies, and unethical practices Camping World "2007 Winnebago Vista purchased August 2017 at camping world north Little Rock ark. Bad jacks and they knew about problem beforehand but did not tell us about. Slide out dry..." Read more Public Storage - IMPROPER VENTILATION AT FACILITY CAUSED EVERYTHING TO MILDEW Public Storage "...We went to check on things 5 mos later and EVERYTHING is mildewed because of improper ventilation. Contacted corporate Public Storage office and..." Read more Dunkin Donuts - October 3rd 8:05 a.m. New Berlin Wisconsin Dunkin Donuts "I wish there was a rating lower than a one-star. This location deserves more than a zero it needs to be closed. When it comes to cleanliness customer service it..." Read more Keystone Rv - 2015  3711FL Left Slide Keystone Rv "This trailer has only been used 3 times and one of those was when we took it back to the dealer for warranty work. My wife in October 2015 was..." Read more