Featured Not resolved

Normal flight from Appleton Wisconsin to Jacksonville Florida until I went to get my bag upon arrival.This was a Samsonite Hard case that cost roughly $550.00 and is bullet prof or so I thought!

The bag was missing the whole locking mechanism on one side, the pull handle that is a structural component to the bag was cracked in two. This handle is made of heavy duty plastic composite "WOW". The only thing that make sense is they dropped it on approach! I have submitted six different claims forms and numerous responses asking only for a picture or two and an estimate for the cost.

Here is what makes me mad, this "Latoya" person in claims department sends me a check for $55.00 and sarcastically suggests that this is the resolution. Then she says I need to get an estimate and they will consider.

BS, Delta Airlines is the worst and they could care less if they damage or destroy your property, so from this point forward I am going to make it my mission to share my story across the spectrum and I promise you I will never fly with this carrier again!!!!They have not heard the last from me!

Review about: Delta Airlines Baggage Policy.

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

I didn't like: Customer service non support for my loss.

Had an Experience with Delta Airlines?

Comments

Indianapolis, Indiana, United States #1326073

Define sarcastically please.

I'm sure whoever this person is, she only sent a form letter approved by legal.She didn't free hand it.

That said, did you think you were getting $550.00 for your bag?

Is the $550.00 the cost of a set or a single bag?

How old is that bag?

When did you but it?

Do you have a receipt?

All airlines say they don't cover damage to wheels,straps,handles of suitcases.also minor tears or holes.not saying I agree but that's how it is.