1.3
Additional Fees
Level of Comfort
Number of Destinations
Quality of Food

Nice policy change from Delta.Let's send a message by running up Delta's credit card fee: issue the most expensive first class, fully refundable ticket then cancel it three days later.

Delta will pay the transaction fees twice (3% x 2). In fact, I would suggest that consumers do this every time they are screwed by the airlines. Here's the new policy Thank you for being a Diamond Medallion® Member and for your continued loyalty. We are always looking for ways to improve the Medallion experience by listening to feedback.

Because we want to ensure our most well-traveled Members can take full advantage of all the benefits of Diamond, a change is being made to how you qualify for 2019 Diamond Medallion Status. As a Credit Card Member, we want you to be aware that starting January 1st, 2018, the Medallion Qualification Dollar (MQD) Waiver for Diamond Medallion Status is increasing.

The MQD Waiver for Diamond Medallion Status is currently earned by spending $25,000 in eligible purchases in a calendar year on a SkyMiles® Credit Card from American Express.It is being adjusted to $250,000 in a calendar year.

Reason of review: Not as described.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I didn't like: Crazy change to the medallion program.

Had an Experience with Delta Airlines?

Comments

Agreed - buy first refundable tickets, hold them for five days, and cancel. Send a message

This new Delta and AMEX policy for Diamond status is a huge insult to small business owners / workers and the vast majority of formerly...loyal road warriors!

Who thinks the $25,000 to $250,000 required annual spend is a reasonable adjustment. I thought it was honestly a typo for that is so insulting and such a slap in the face to the 98% of travelers... I will be taking my AMEX card, cutting it up and sending it to AMEX and sending Ed Bastian and Sandra Deep a sharply worded letter of complaint. I've been loyal for over 20 years..

and to only get "Silver" when you fly over 1 million miles.. thats insulting as well. I refuse to spend my entire travel budget just on their flights... how can I rent a car / hotel..

I'll fly over 180,000 miles with them this year and be Diamond for one last year... all while we watch their stock price plummet...

I hope every road warrior tells Delta to stick it where the sun doesn't shine!I'm disgusted with my "home town airlines"