Minneapolis, Minnesota

I missed my connecting flight due to a mechanical issue and was given the complete run around.I was told by 4 different ticket agents (2 at the original airport and 2 at the connecting airport) that since it is a mechanical issue, I’d be given a hotel voucher and would be on the first available plane the following morning.

After I got my meal voucher at one terminal, I was told to go to a different terminal to get my hotel voucher. Once I got to the final terminal I was told I would be given a hotel DISCOUNT coupon and NOT a hotel VOUCHER. I explained to the agent that I was told multiple times that I would be given a hotel voucher and she said my options were the hotel discount coupon to find a hotel on my own that accepts it or they would offer me a mattress and pillow to sleep in the middle of the airport. She then lied and said they didn't have to pay for my hotel b/c the delay was due to weather and not mechanical.

I told her I was told by 4 different people that it was due to a mechanical issue and my meal voucher even has “REASON OF ISSUANCE – MAINTENANCE” listed on it. In short, the customer service was HORRIBLE/RUDE/DISRESPECTFUL and the WORST I have ever endured. So much run around and so many lies.

After 3 hours of back and forth I finally just spent $20 on a cab ride to the nearest hotel and paid for my hotel out of pocket.

Review about: Delta Airlines Flight.

Had an Experience with Delta Airlines?

Comments

You sure showed them!

Refused the hotel discount and paid full price for a hotel!

That sure did teach Delta a lesson!

San Francisco, California, United States #681531

$6.00 meal?? What dinner costs $6.00 at the airport, you're lucky to get a bottle of water for that price.