I missed my connecting flight due to a mechanical issue and was given the complete run around.I was told by 4 different ticket agents (2 at the original airport and 2 at the connecting airport) that since it is a mechanical issue, I’d be given a hotel voucher and would be on the first available plane the following morning.
After I got my meal voucher at one terminal, I was told to go to a different terminal to get my hotel voucher. Once I got to the final terminal I was told I would be given a hotel DISCOUNT coupon and NOT a hotel VOUCHER. I explained to the agent that I was told multiple times that I would be given a hotel voucher and she said my options were the hotel discount coupon to find a hotel on my own that accepts it or they would offer me a mattress and pillow to sleep in the middle of the airport. She then lied and said they didn't have to pay for my hotel b/c the delay was due to weather and not mechanical.
I told her I was told by 4 different people that it was due to a mechanical issue and my meal voucher even has “REASON OF ISSUANCE – MAINTENANCE” listed on it. In short, the customer service was HORRIBLE/RUDE/DISRESPECTFUL and the WORST I have ever endured. So much run around and so many lies.
After 3 hours of back and forth I finally just spent $20 on a cab ride to the nearest hotel and paid for my hotel out of pocket.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Connecting Flight
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "Yet another disappointing tale of Thai Airways in-flight services. I was on board on 18th September 2015, flight TG629 from Hong Kong to Bangkok. This really came as a shocker..."
- "We bought two tix to Paris from US six months ahead of time. We carefully selected our seats, together, window, near the front, so we could have a comfortable flight...."
- "Original departure 7:05pm. Now 12:27am and still have not departed. Weather then mechanical issue. A 5+ hour delay. We were offered a single complementary glass of water though, so everything..."
- "I went to the media with what happened to my car... Chrysler customer care does Not care about you or your car.. This car is nothing but problems! I live in Hinckley, Minnesota..."
- "I ordered GOLD bracelets to help raise some money for my friend's 2 yr old daughter who has cancer. When they arrived they were light brown (poo colored!). I emailed..."
- "Ordered flowers from wesleyberryflowers.com. What was delivered was totally nothing that looked like the picture of the flowers what I choose. Flowers were quite expensive. The flowers..."
- "In less then a month I went from size 20 to size 16! I have more energy, less back and hip pain, and I find myself smiling more often. The..."
- "I sent in my LG G3 phone for repair in Sept. I received a status on 10/5 that if I want it repaired it would cost $72 which I agreed..."
- "I HAVE USED FROM YOU FLOWERS 3 TIMES. THE 1ST TIME I SENT 3 PLANTS TO TN. I SPLIT THE DIFFERENCE ON BEING SATISFIED SINCE 1 OF THE..."