Additional Fees
Level of Comfort

I booked a round trip ticket from Chicago to Los Angles through Delta.The day of my flight arrived at it was apparent I was going to miss it.

In a panic I tried calling the customer service line for help but was put on the waiting list told I was going to be called back in 30 minutes. 30 minutes goes by and I have not received any phone call so I call again to be put on yet another waiting list for an hour and a half. Another hour and a half goes by and I have still not received a phone call. I've already missed my check in time for my flight so I arrange another flight through United.

2 months I arrive to the airport for my return flight to be informed that my original reservations have been cancelled because I missed my first flight. The cost to rebook the ticket was 200 dollars, once again I book with another airline because I could get a return ticket for 120, cheaper than the 200 dollar rebooking fee. I feel I have been penalized for their bad customer service in not returning my original phone calls nor sending me a courteousy email informing me they had cancelled my return flights. I'm never booking with Delta again, not only was their phone service completely unhelpful their in person ticketing assistants didn't know what they were doing.

It took them 45 minutes to resolve the problem. For my return flight I was able to book a new ticket with American Airlines on their website, walk across LAX to the new terminal, and check in my bags in less than the time it took them to tell me they cancelled my flight.

I am a frequent flyer with many different airlines and have never been treated so poorly before by anyone, including "low ball" airlines like Spirit and Fronteir.1/10 stars for Delta-- my recommendation is fly American or United for cheaper tickets and better service.

Review about: Delta Airlines Flight Booking.

Had an Experience with Delta Airlines?

Comments

#1361957

"I am a frequent flyer with many different airlines"

Then you know how this works my friend.

I didn't know people who flew all the time broke out into panics when they were about to miss a flight. They simply re-book and move on with life.

There's something a little off about your story.